- 1 Best Sump Pumps For Pool Drainage – (Newest Models)
- 1.1 1. Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump
- 1.2 2. Yescom Submersible Dirty Clean Water Pump
- 1.3 3. Super Deal Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Pump
- 1.4 4. WAYNE Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
- 1.5 5. LITTLE GIANT Automatic Pool Cover Pump
- 1.6 6. Stainless Longer Duration Submersible Water Removal Pump
- 1.7 7. Homdox Submersible Clean Water Sump Pump
- 2 Pros & Cons Of Sump Pump For Pool Drainage Systems
- 3 Why Should You Buy A Sump Pump For Pool Drainage?
- 4 Installation
- 5 Types Of Pool Sump Pump Systems
- 6 Tips That Every Pool Sump Pump Owner Should Know
- 7 Best Sump Pump For Pool Drainage Comparison Chart
- 8 Wrap up
When it comes to your home, quality investments are the most important thing in order to save money long term. Your home is your sanctuary. We all want to have a neat little house with a pool in the backyard. But how many of us think about having to drain the pool and clean it?
This is where the best sump pumps for pool drainage come into play. These little machines that pump excess water are the perfect solution to your problems. When it comes to choosing the right product, though, we may encounter some difficulties.
To ensure that you are able to pick just the right model for your requirements, our team has created a comprehensive buyer’s guide. The only thing you need to do is check our top-class drain sump pumps reviews below and pick the one that you think will be perfect for your own pool. After you are done with this task you can check the buying guide that we have created. It is packed with all the useful info you should consider before deciding on a certain unit, some tricks, and tips. Check it out below.
Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump
|View On Amazon|
Yescom Submersible Dirty Clean Water Pump
|View On Amazon|
Super Deal Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Pump
|View On Amazon|
WAYNE Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
|View On Amazon|
LITTLE GIANT Automatic Pool Cover Pump
|View On Amazon|
Stainless Longer Duration Submersible Water Removal Pump
|View On Amazon|
Best Sump Pumps For Pool Drainage – (Newest Models)
We will start this guide by outlining the seven finest products on the market. The following sump pumps for inground pools or above ground will save you money, time and troubles. They are not arranged in any particular order so you need to decide for yourself which one will do the job. See if you will find the perfect one below!
1. Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump
This submersible drain pump is capable of pumping up to 1,800 gallons of dirty water an hour. It can drain a hot tub in minutes! The newly designed folding bottom feet allow you to extract that last bit of low lying water. An overheat prevention mechanism that automatically shuts it off when the water line becomes too low is one of the great qualities this sump pump has.
This professional EZ pool drain pump is extremely durable. It has an impact-resistant casing with streamline designed carry handle. It also has an extra-long 25-ft waterproof cord and adjustable spigot. The only gripe is that the outlet hose is not standard but with the pressure and quantity of the water this thing runs through you will see why it is made that way. This is exactly what you need to empty your pool! No more renting equipment and running back and forth to return it. It is easy to use and makes it a lot easier for you to do this chore.
2. Yescom Submersible Dirty Clean Water Pump
This 550W (3/4HP) water pump is powered by a durable, oil-cooled electric motor. This not only means that it is really powerful but also that it is easy to maintain. The sump pump’s heavy-duty motor runs underwater about 23ft. It has engineered resin construction and a built-in automatic shut off mechanism. This makes its usage easy, efficient, and most importantly safer.
The diameter of the hose is 1″, G1″, 1-1/4″, G1-1/2″ (From Up to Down) and the cable length is 25ft. You can use this to pump pond water even though it is not intended to run continuously. It provides a good water flow and as we said during times of drought, the pump shuts off when the water level gets low. It has little to no loss of water flow due to debris in the pond. The installation is easy and you can find everything you need in the owner’s manual. We highly recommend you check this sump pump out!
3. Super Deal Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Pump
This newly designed model is a powerful little machine that runs quietly and is extremely reliable. Its specifications are really impressive – 110V/60Hz voltage, 1/2 HP and 2115GPH(8000l/h) max flow rate. The cool thing about this item is that it has minimum vibration and is completely submersible. The motor is an oil-free, grease-free magnetic one and that is perfect if you want to avoid pollution in your water. The upper and lower cover is removable and that makes the cleaning even easier.
This sump pump starts and stops automatically. When the water level is below 4.7 inches, it will automatically disconnect the power; when the water level rises above 4.7 inches, the pump will start again. It will cut off immediately when the pump fails to pump water to prevent the coil from getting burned. The thermoplastic composite material is highly rugged. The sump pump is designed and manufactured in line with the valid safety requirements. The thermoplastic body resists corrosion as there are no exposed metal parts. In our opinion, this is one of the best sump pumps for pool drainage on the market nowadays.
4. WAYNE Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
The WAPC250 is an automatic ON/OFF water removal pool cover pump. It is really powerful – the maximum flow rate is 3000 gallons per hour using a 1-1/4-inch drain hose. The iSwitch technology turns the pump on and off by sensing the presence of water and that can save you a lot of troubles if you choose to buy this sump pump. You can plug in and leave the pump unattended for worry-free water removal without any problem.
There is strainer base filters debris to minimize clogging and keep the pump from tipping over. All of the things above make this sump pump energy efficient and isn’t that what we are all looking for?
Another amazing thing about this little machine is the fact that has automatic freeze protection within the iSwitch technology to prevent pump damage. The pump is oil-free and that makes maintenance really easy. The package includes a check-valve with a 3/4-inch garden hose adapter to reduce repetitive cycling, 25-foot power cord, 25-ft ‘pull to shore’ rope included to help position the pump on the pool cover.
5. LITTLE GIANT Automatic Pool Cover Pump
The Little Giant Automatic Pool Cover Pump is ideal for removing water from all types of pool covers or draining your pool, spa or pond. This fully submersible water wizard features a 1/6 HP motor and pumps up to 1200 gallons per hour. The package includes a garden hose adapter and a 25-ft, 110v power cord.
This sump pump connects easily to a standard garden hose for water removal. The pump safeguards pool covers from the prolonged accumulation of rain or melting snow. The Little Giant 5-APCP Pool Cover Pump is good for protecting pool covers from standing water and the removable stabilizing plate allows for use in a variety of other applications. The automatic switch of the sump pump will turn on when the water level is at or above 3 1/4″ and turn off when the level drops to 1 3/4″. It can pump down to 1/8″ of water in manual mode.
This unit will operate reliably and quickly pump water off of your pool cover throughout the winter season. You only need to make sure to use a heated hose for the discharge water to prevent freezing. Debris such as pine needles and leaves could harm the pump impeller or the water level sensor if the pump is not removed and cleaned periodically. Still, maintenance is really easy so you don’t have to be worried.
6. Stainless Longer Duration Submersible Water Removal Pump
This sump pump for clean and dirty water comes with a float switch, copper winding motor, and an upgraded seal structure. Its power is 1.0 HP and it has durable full stainless case construction. It is a great choice because the thermal overload protection of the sump pump prevents motor burn caused by dry running or impeller block.
The maximum flow rate is up to 4000 GPH. The sump pump could lift water up to 30 feet and remove It from down to 2 inches. The float and flat base allow pit installation and automatic operation. The installation is also easy and the package comes with an instruction manual, pump (operating with 110V~120V), an adapter that fits the discharge hose with a size of 1″, 1-1/4″, and 1-1/2″. There’s a clamp to fix the hose. This sump pump is just perfect for the quick removal of water from pools, ponds, water tanks and other large bodies of water.
7. Homdox Submersible Clean Water Sump Pump
The pump features a float switch that can control start/stop automatically. When the water level is below the initial level (≤11 inches), it will automatically disconnect the power and stop working. This makes the pump perfect for you if you just want to chill while your pool is being drained. When the water level rises above the initial level (＞11 inches), the pump will start working automatically again. The lowest water level this powerful pump can get is 2inch.
With its 1.5 HP /1100W, Max Flow Rate of 4356 GPH this sump pump helps you to deal with the pool water pumping with higher efficiency. It is really strong – the water can go up 29.5Feet. The Voltage/Frequency is 115V/60HZ and the max submersion depth is 16.4 ft. This machine has three fittings with different diameters for outflow (1″, 1.25”, 1.5”) to choose from according to the flow rate. Once again the installation is easy and this sump pump is not loud.
Pros & Cons Of Sump Pump For Pool Drainage Systems
Without any further ado, let’s proceed to outlining the most distinguished pros and cons of sump pumps for pools. Highlighting the disadvantages and advantages of these devices is imperative before we continue with the guide.
- The pool drain pump is designed for easy installation so everybody can handle them.
- You will save money, time and nerves!
- The devices are with resistant and sealed thermoplastic construction which makes them long-lasting and a great investment.
- Your pool will be clean and you won’t have to do any of the work.
- The price of most of the sump pump for pool drainage is low which is perfect for your budget.
- You don’t need professionals – most people cannot constantly hire professional help when it comes to pool cleaning. It simply isn’t affordable. Making the one time purchase of a pool sump pump makes a lot of long-term sense.
- You can use it in the basement – In fact, you may get more usage out of it in the basement then you do in or around the pool. Even if you have a moisture barrier on the exterior of your foundation walls hydrostatic pressure can still find a way through to the basement.
- Also, you can use it in the yard – Sometimes significant rain events will leave a depressed portion of the yard filled with standing water. Your pool sump pump can be put to use to ensure your yard is always a dry, healthy place.
- Some of the sump pumps can be a bit loud.
- Not all of the sump pumps are for clean and dirty water so you need to be careful.
- Not all are beautiful – While the pool sump pump is effective and welcome addition to the backyard maintenance kit list, one thing it’s not is the attractiveness. While this isn’t an issue with most people it may well bother others. If good looks are important to you when the time for draining the pool comes, then you must search longer.
Why Should You Buy A Sump Pump For Pool Drainage?
When there are a lot of rains the level of the water in your pool may arise. We know that no one ever wants water around the pool and the yard. In order to avoid any inconveniences buy a sump pump for pool drainage, but in case you are still missing this important device you should ask yourself “What happens if my swimming pool overflows? ”. Check the answers below:
- Broken pool equipment- this is a problem particularly when there is a storm with strong winds, but pool equipment can be broken or thrown around and this can cause damage to your pool.
- Dilution caused by rain will throw the chemical balance of the water off.
- Rainwater also can make you deal with contamination. The rain contains acids, so it results in a specific type of chemical imbalance that needs ages to go back to normal.
- Your basement may be flooded. If you want to stay away from this terrible scenario you can invest a small amount of money which won’t cause you any inconveniences into a fine sump pump. This way you will no longer worry about yourself and your property.
The installation of the sump pump varies according to the model and also the type that you have bought. Once you install it there are a few things that you probably would like to know:
- In case you need an extension cord make sure that the connection between it and the pump cord is waterproofed and if not, that it’s secured and it is not in reach of the water. Many of the pumps have a float valve.
- The electrical cable in the sump pump motor is waterproof and also you don’t need to use an extension cord because it should be long enough to reach a power source.
- An important component is the “float switch”. Thanks to it the pump will start automatically if the water level reaches a specific stage. Another really important part is the sump pump check valve.
- Together with the pump, you get a hose which is long enough to safely lead water away from the place you are going to drain.
- In order to prevent clogging make sure you use a hose that is wide enough. Length also matters because the water might have to travel some good 6ft before making its way out of the pool. In case of mobility turns out to be a problem, it is good to have one of the best mini sump pump as a plan B.
- The angle of the hose is designed in such a way so that the pumping of water could be done easily whether it’s from the pool or from the basement.
- Putting a hose in a vertical position and isn’t going to move as much water like a hose that has a slight angle to it. 45 degrees is your optimal angle.
Types Of Pool Sump Pump Systems
Undoubtedly, the major role of the water pump for emptying pools is to protect you from floods during the rainy period and to assist you to maintain your pool in good condition. You can rely on us when you want to choose the perfect product.
You probably know that the submersible pumps are the kind you’ll normally find in the basement. This pump is smart enough to start working when the groundwater rises and to pump it before it gets to the level of the basement floor.
The portable submersible sump pumps that we mentioned in our article above are also used to drain water off the cover or to lower the water level.
Then again, there’s also the non-submersible pump, known as the “pedestal” pump. It features a motor, which is not supposed to ever go underwater. Normally, they have a float hanging from the top of the machine where the motor is in order to enable automatic start. It’s more often used in basements rather than for pool draining but such an application is possible as well.
Tips That Every Pool Sump Pump Owner Should Know
If you want to get the right pump for your pool the most important thing that you have to consider is to match the pump and your filter. There is a correlation between the size of the pool, the power of the pump and the capacity of the filter. For example, if you have a pool which is 120 000 gallons or larger and you go with 1.5 horsepower pump you have to match it up with a proper filter which will be a 150 – 200-lb sand filter.
One of the most common questions is “Should I run my pool sump pump during the day or at night?”. Well, there are pros and cons to both. During the daytime, pump running maintains the chlorine level during the peak sun hours thanks to the UV lights. Nighttime pump running is cheaper during the off-peak hours. In case you run your sump pump 8 hours a day you can split the hours during the day and at night. For example 4 work hours during the day and 4 at night. That’s how you will maintain the chlorine level, and your electricity bill won’t skyrocket.
Best Sump Pump For Pool Drainage Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||FLOW RATE||POWER||CABLE LENGTH|
|Super Deal Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Pump Swimming Pool Pond Flood Drain w/ Float Switch and Cable||$$||13.7 x 9.1 x 6.5"||8.97 pounds||2000 GPH||110V / 400W (1.2 HP)||33ft|
|WAYNE 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump||$$$$$||11.2 x 7.9 x 11.9"||10.49 pounds||3000 GPH||115 volts||25ft|
|Yescom 550W Submersible Dirty Clean Water Pump||$||18.8 x 9.7 x 8"||11.55 pounds||2640 GPH||110V/60Hz/550W(3/4HP)||25ft|
|LITTLE GIANT 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump, Submersible Pump||$$$$||11 x 10.5 x 8"||2.64 pounds||1200 GPH||115V/380W(1/6 HP)||25ft|
|Stainless Longer Duration Submersible Water Removal Pump||$$||15.8 x 7.1 x 9.4"||8.6 pounds||4000 GPH||110V/750W(1 HP)||26.2ft|
|Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump||$$$||13.8 x 9.8 x 9.2"||16.85 pounds||3700 GPH||110V(1.5 HP)||25ft|
Reaching the end of our buying guide we assume you’ve clearly seen all the benefits of utilizing a pool drainage sump pump. This is an essential tool for improving your health and the health of your family. It is really valuable because you can use it for your whole property from the pool, the yard to the basement and more. In short, we hope that we have helped you to find the best sump pump for pool drainage.
If you find this article is worth reading, don’t be shy and share it. Of course, in case you think we have missed anything in our drain sump pump reviews, please leave a comment or send us an email. Your opinion is important to us.
We have plenty of articles written to help you to pick the right unit. If you are curious or if you are searching for anything similar, just check them out! Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!